Famous scientific non-achievements in economics and elsewhere:
- Profit Theory ― provably false for 200+ years,
- Walrasian microfoundations ― provably false for 150+ years,
- Keynesian macrofoundations ― provably false for 80+ years,
- application of elementary mathematics in macroeconomics/national accounting ― provably false for 80+ years,
- human space travel beyond low earth orbit, and moon-landing and fooling around in a −298/+224 F vacuum ― physically/technically impossible for 50+ years.
The failed scientist and applause troll, attention/reputation manager, political agenda pusher, crime hunter (“He is guilty guilty guuilty”), academic busybody, storyteller, and False-Hero-Memorial builder Barkley Rosser does not get tired of parroting proto-scientific nonsense and dispersing fake news. Not only about economics, where he understands nothing, but also about physics, where he understands even less.
With regard to scientific credibility in general and Barkley Rosser’s, in particular, it is worth noting that economists have to this day not realized that Keynes’ elementary macroeconomics, i.e. “Income = value of output = consumption + investment. Saving = income − consumption. Therefore saving = investment.”, is materially and logically defective. The correct relationship is Q≡I−S with Q as macroeconomic profit.
Economists have the Age of ― scientific/cultural/political ― Enlightenment still before them.
Related 'The future of economics: why you will probably not be admitted to it, and why this is a good thing' and 'Economics: The greatest scientific fraud in modern times' and 'Throw them out! Orthodox and heterodox economists are unfit for science'.