The Supreme Being ― which is by logical necessity absolutely indifferent with regard to galaxy, planet, gender, age, race, nation, religion, party, social status, income/wealth ― spoke out of the clouds and handed over these Twelve Economics Commandments:
1. Never cite the Bible or other religious texts in an economic argument.
2. Maintain the strict separation of science and religion under all circumstances.
3. Maintain the strict separation of science and politics under all circumstances.#1
4. Do not dabble in psychology, sociology, anthropology, history, political science, philosophy, theology, social philosophy, or any other of the so-called social sciences. Economics is a systems science.
5. Do not believe: prove. The number of followers on social media does NOT count as scientific proof.
6. Figure out how the actual economic system works and communicate your results in the format of a materially/formally consistent theory.
7. Absolutely refrain from storytelling, metaphors, analogies, narratives, gossip, insinuation, filibuster, sermonizing, propaganda, disinformation, foretelling/ prophecies/predictions, and other rhetorical means.
8. Do not apply methodological individualism/microfoundations/partial analysis.#2
9. Do not moralize, the subject matter of economics is IS not OUGHT. How the Good Society can be realized has to be determined in the political sphere by the Legitimate Sovereign. See 3.
10. Be, first of all, aware that there are knowledge and opinion, science and non-science, scientific standards/ethics and anything-goes, true and false with nothing in-between. The ethics of science is objectivity, i.e. material and formal consistency. The goal of economics is the true theory.
11. Rest assured that those who violate scientific standards/ethics go to hell and will be tortured in all eternity with the senseless blather of Walrasianism, Keynesianism, Marxianism, Austrianism, and Pluralism.#3
12. Make no mistake: alone scientists will go to heaven. As everyone can easily imagine, the Supreme Being will NOT share eternity with morons, imbeciles, political agenda pushers, blatherers, trolls, believers, impostors, journalists, the bigots of common sense, and failed/fake scientists.
#1 The strict separation of the scientific realm and the political realm is necessary because politics always and everywhere corrupts science. This point has been made abundantly clear by J. S. Mill: “A scientific observer or reasoner, merely as such, is not an adviser for practice. His part is only to show that certain consequences follow from certain causes, and that to obtain certain ends, certain means are the most effectual. Whether the ends themselves are such as ought to be pursued, and if so, in what cases and to how great a length, it is no part of his business as a cultivator of science to decide, and science alone will never qualify him for the decision.” For details see
Throw them out! Orthodox and heterodox economists are unfit for science
#2 If it isn’t macro-axiomatized, it isn’t economics
#3 Economics is not a science, not a religion, but proto-scientific garbage
- Economics is NOT a social science
- Cross-references NOT a Science of Behavior
- The existence of economic laws and the nonexistence of behavioral laws
SURGEON GENERAL'S GAGANOMICS WARNING
The continued production of verbal soap bubbles may result in a hazardous lack of oxygen in the brain and in para-scientific hallucinations which inevitably lead via the Yusuf-Syndrome to a total mental breakdown and, in addition, cause incurable cognitive disturbances among unsuspecting economics students and explosive vomiting in the scientific community.