Blog-Reference and Blog-Reference
Economists claim to do science and communicate this every year to the general public with the “Bank of Sweden Prize in Economic Sciences in Memory of Alfred Nobel”. Whether the claim to be a science is self-delusion or fraud does not matter much. Fact is:
- the profit theory is false for 200+ years,
- Walrasian microfoundations (including equilibrium) are inconsistent for 140+ years,
- Keynesian macrofoundations (including I=S, IS-LM) are inconsistent for 80+ years.
These are the recent topics at the EconoSpeak blog:
- The “Narratives” of Higgins’s “Warfare” (cultural Marxism, Frankfurt School, Marcuse’s Repressive Tolerance, Breivik’s Manifesto, Hitler’s Mein Kampf)
- “Rational” Optimism? (realized material benefits, risks of catastrophic climate change, nuclear war)
- The Buchanan-MacLean Controversy (socialism, racial segregation, Austrian libertarianism, Mont Pelerin Society, neoliberalism, Koch brothers, Trump, climate change denial, Hayek-Friedman-Pinochet, Stalin, Hitler, Mao, Kim Il Sung, public choice theory, corrupt government agencies, rent-seeking, crushing labor unions, Murray Rothbard, Ludwig von Mises).
- The Higgins Memo, Anders Breivik and the Lyndon LaRouche Cult (Lunatic fringe, Norway mass murder, White Christian Nationalism, Multiculturalism, White House, Foreign policy)
- The Financial Crisis Tenth Anniversary (Bubbles, FED-ECB actions, bail-outs, collateral Euro near-crash)
- Avik Roy Claims Reagan Embraced Universal Health Care Coverage.
Entrance is free in politics and every sucker can climb on a soapbox and demand tax cuts or tell something about liberty and democracy. The entrance to science is only free for those who are able and committed to advance scientific knowledge. Until now economics could not get the suckers off its back. That is why it is still at the proto-scientific stage.
It is pretty obvious that EconoSpeak is not committed to anything else than political blather. But, then, what is to be expected from proto-scientific storytellers like Sandwichman, ProGrowthLiberal, Peter Dorman, and Barkley Rosser.#1
Needless to emphasize that the other economics blogs are not any better.
#1 See also ‘Fact of life: your econ prof is scientifically incompetent’
Related 'In search of new economists' and 'Barkley Rosser, petty scientist' and 'Economics between cargo cult, farce, and fraud'.