Always when you think you have seen the worst crap of economics you are in for a surprise because Barkley Rosser posts on EconoSpeak.
To put things in perspective one has to realize that Barkley Rosser is the very incarnation of the representative economist. That is:
- Since Econ 101 he has not understood what profit is.
- He has never understood that Walrasianism, Keynesianism, Marxianism, Austrianism is mutually contradictory, axiomatically false, and materially/ formally inconsistent.
- He has never understood that the pluralism of false theories makes economics a fake science.
- He has never understood that economics is NOT about Human Nature/behavior/ reproduction but about the behavior of the economy.
- He has never understood that the most of the time violates scientific standards.
- Instead of bringing himself scientifically up to speed he clarifies Elvis’ genealogy: “Elvis Presley almost certainly had African ancestry, even if as the son of a culturally white family born in the heart of the racist Deep South in Tupelo, Mississippi, he never made any mention of this likely fact overtly to my knowledge.”
- Instead of studying the cutting edge of economics he gossips about the celebrities of the Saudi family: “Abdulaziz, who died in 1953 after uniting Saudi Arabia and having 43 sons and over 100 wives, although never more than 4 at a time. Certain wives were more important than others and produced more important sons, with basically only three in play here regarding possible future succession to the Saudi throne. And “Muhammed bin Salman is a millennial, and this is the moment of the millennials taking charge there, even if it is a ‘sloppy’ and ‘unwise’ and highly aggressive one that is doing so.”
Not much positive can be said about the representative economist: he is a failed scientist and to call him sloppy and unwise would be a bit flattering.
* See preceding threads
‘Needed: The Worst of the Worst of economics blogs’
‘First Lecture in New Economic Thinking’